Monday, August 2, 2010

The Virginia Wedding...*

Today is August 2nd. We leave for Virginia September 17th. Let's see what I can do :)

Hey everyone! This blog is one that you'd have to do a little looking to find as I haven't posted this one on my facebook as a link for you to get here. But if you are reading this and know me well, then you know that weight has been an issue for the last five years. Before that time, being active in athletics, dance, and all around hyper activity kept me fit, trim, and eating anything I wanted. Ahhhh... those were the days.

Now I definitely do not have that luxury. But what I do have is an almost sixty extra pounds on a 5'2" frame. I'm lucky... I've always weighed more than I looked like I did due to all the extra muscle from dance and hockey and volleyball. But I can tell you, the weight isn't as scary as the measurements (which I will try to post later). As of today, I'm a hefty 190 lbs. No, its not cute. Its not fun. And still being somewhat athletic (running, lifting and the like) it's frustrating. Seemingly great looking clothes always end up looking well... rolly. Shapewear is a good friend for those nights I want to gussy up, but even then, there's shar pei back rolls lurking just behind me (literally).

Over the past five years my weight has gone up and down, with the most success just coming from genuine hard work and excercise in the form of running and my personal trainer (who I haven't seen in about three years :( ) Jerry. I currently belong to a gym that I absolutely hate and pay for each month but never attend. It's one of those gyms that don't have a lot of real weights (I like extremes) but a lot of those sissy cardio circuit crap. Don't get me wrong, I know many people that love those systems, but for me, traditional iron pumping has always been much much more pleasant. Running is a recent discovery of love that I never thought I'd be doing. And even that I haven't done in a month.

This September we have some awesome friends that are getting married all the way in Virginia. We plan on attending this wedding and doing some vacationing in Washington D.C. I picked out the cutest dress, the cutest shoes, and gorgeous accessories... but I just know the shar pei rolls and the spare tire are waiting to make any possible effort at looking elegant, well, futile. I need to get my ass in gear... but how? Lack of motivation and severe tiredness and stress are huge road blocks. I have been taking Herbalife off and on.. which seems to work very well... when I actually do it. I'm a man, er, girl :) without a plan... so to speak. As of today, Virginia is 46 days out.

Time to find the goods and get in the game. And already I can hear the watermelon pucker, chipotle burritos, and microwaveable pancakes calling....Here little tubby tubby tubby...

::sigh:: This is going to be harder than I thought.

... must be the puppy chow...

No comments:

Post a Comment