Friday, December 30, 2011

Form FOlLoWS FUNCTION!*

It's an overcast afternoon and I am happily done with my workout for the day. Since I last posted, I have officially finished my 90 day Turbo Fire challenge and become a BEACHBODY COACH!!! I can't tell you how happy I am, and what kind of people I know surround myself with. There is something very valuable I have learned from this experience, not just in fitness, but in life.

Form follows function. Sure, we all learned that in science class forever ago, but I don't think many have ever applied this concept to their life. Think about it.

In health and fitness, there are many functions that must be in place before we'll achieve the "form" that we want. Eating healthy, doing our workouts, being consistent.... it's like a personal evolution, and it won't happen over night. But once you get the function down of doing what you need to do, and keep at it, form will soon follow to support that function. We change, we grow, we become stronger.

In love, you act in ways that are passionate. You offer your support, your affection, and your participation… and from it you reap the form of a strong, passionate relationship.

The same applies for goals, business, friendships, the works. Some call it "faking it until you make it" but honestly, if it involves effort and action towards a desired outcome, it can't possibly be faking. So I ask you this… what in your life are you wishing for that you aren't achieving? Are you being what you want to attract? Is your function in line with the form you are seeking to have?

"A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward it's achievement."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment